What matters to you, matters to us
At Prudential, we deliver on our promise to provide our customers with financial freedom and peace of mind. Between January to June 2023, we’ve paid RM1.13 billion in claims in medical, critical illness, personal accident, death and total permanent disability claims, an increase of 22% from the same period last year.
Our mission to be your trusted partner and protector drives us to help you achieve life’s potential while attaining the financial security your deserve.
Amount Paid by Claim Type
Medical Claims Payout
Medical claims have increased by 30% due to higher utilisation and medical inflation.
Top 5 diagnosis includes Breast Cancer, Cataract, Heart Disease, Gastritis and Acute Gastroenteritis.
Breast Cancer is the top claimed medical condition, 19.3% increase from same period last year.
- 61% of Critical Illness claims were paid to cancer-related conditions.
- Top 5 diagnosis includes Cancer, Cataract, Heart Disease, Stroke, Kidney and Brain Disease.
- 15.1% increase in claims amongst 21-40 years old compared to same period last year.
Death Claims Payout
- Heart disease overtook cancer-related condition as the top claim case under death claims category, from the same period in 2022.
- 25% of death claims were paid to heart disease condition. That is 72% increase compared with the same period in 2022.
- Top 5 diagnosis includes Heart Disease, Cancer Disease, Accident, Pneumonia and Sepsis.